In November 2013, Arran was shortlisted for the Creative Places Award 2014
The finals were judged in January 2014. Peebles won and Arran came a close second.
Click here to sample some of what Arran has to offer.
- All Concerts below at 19:30
- January 16, Chamberlain and Haywood (Balkan music) at Brodick Village Hall
- February 27th Atea Wind Quintet at Brodick Village Hall
- March 19th Da Vinci Trio (Violin, Cello and Piano) at Arran High School, Lamlash
- April 16th Sasa Gerzelj Donaldson (solo piano) at Arran High School, Lamlash
- May 21st Kosmos (Violin, Viola and Accordion) Music from all over the world at Brodick Village Hall
- June 18th The Mandolinquents Trio (Mandolin/Fiddle, Voice/mandobass and guitar) at Brodick Village Hall
- July 16th Echo Chamber Ensemble (Flute, Viola Harp) at Brodick Village Hall
If you would like to be a member of the Society for just £5, it helps their standing with Enterprise Music Scotland, whose financial support enables these programmes to be presented, and you will be on the list for information on any activities or latest news. Easy to join at any concert.
There is an open music session every Sunday at the Ormidale Hotel in Brodick from 9pm
Bring an instrument and join in
String Road Pot Holes is Arran’s famous local Ceilidh Band and plays at Brodick Village Hall every Wednesday night throughout July and August and also at New Year. If you have come to Scotland for a taste of Scottish culture, music, dance, verse and costumes, this ceilidh is for you. Come and join us for the evening and join in. All dances are simple and clearly explained. Bring an instrument if you want and take a turn at entertaining too!
Join the fun weekly and also on New Year’s day.
Available for Weddings, Parties and all Private Events
Click on the links to hear
Lucy Cartledge and Michael Lester-Cribb
play music by Pattapio Silva
Live at Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Welcome to the site of Arran Music. Here you will find a selection of musical entertainment available on the Isle of Arran and also help in providing musical tuition.
Whatever your needs, whether it be music for a wedding, party, funeral or simply a family get together, please investigate our selection of Classical, Traditional and Jazz ensembles on offer and feel free to ask questions.
Some photos from the 25th Jazz Festival on the Isle of Bute 2012